Sausage Potato Soup
(Copycat) This is a clone of the Olive Garden
20 min prep
|1||lb Italian sausage|
|2||large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half,and then in 1/4 inch slices|
|1||large onion, chopped|
|1/2||can Oscar Meyer bacon bits|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||cups kale or swiss chard, chopped|
|2||cans chicken broth|
|1||cup heavy whipping cream|
- Cook sausage in a 300°F oven for approximately 30 minutes.
- Drain sausages on paper towels and cut into slices.
- Place onions, potatoes, chicken broth, water, garlic in pot, and cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
- Add sausage and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Turn to low heat.
- Add kale and cream.
- Heat through and serve.