Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Slow Cooker Whole Chicken

I've never cooked a whole chicken in a slow cooker before but I need to today because I won't be able to cook dinner at the usual time. I'm expecting it will be cooked within 4-6 hours and so I hope starting it at noon will be plenty of cooking time.

Slow Cooker Whole Chicken

1 whole chicken
1 onion
spices

1-Chop the onion in long slices and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2-Rinse the chicken and removed the giblets package.
3-Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with the seasoning/spices of your choice, including the cavity. I used pre-mixed seasonings that I have from a spice shop--"Team Sweet Mama's BBQ Chicken Rub" that is made with sea salt, garlic, brown sugar, onion, paprika, mustard, cayenne, and savory.
4-Cover the slow cooker and cook on high.

I think I'll be serving this with broccoli and/or cauliflower and brown rice, quinoa or cheesy pasta shells.

No comments: