Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lamb Kebabs

I made leblebi soup (recipe to follow soon) and wanted to use my ground lamb as part of our dinner meal. I found this recipe for lamb kebabs on the website called Kristen's Home Cooking. It looks like a great site!

I didn't make kebabs, though. I made lamb meatballs. Her recipe also includes the recipes for saffron rice and hummus. Gotta make the hummus because it looks pretty quick and yummy too.

Lamb Kebabs
1 lb ground lamb
1 egg
1/2 c fresh breadcrumbs
1 large shallot, minced finely
1/2 c chopped fresh herbs (parsley, mint and cilantro)
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
Mix all ingredients just until blended, don't overwork meat. Form long, thin kebabs around wooden (pre-soak to prevent burning) skewers. Grill, turning, until brown on all sides and just cooked through.

No comments: