PORK ROAST RECIPE:
The sweet and spicy sauce is a perfect complement to pork.
Servings: Serves 4 to 6.
PreparationWhisk first 6 ingredients to blend in 8x8x2-inch glass baking dish. Add pork and turn to coat. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour or cover and refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer pork to rack set in roasting pan; reserve marinade. Roast until thermometer inserted into center registers 150°F., about 55 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
Strain marinade into heavy medium saucepan. Add cream and juices from roasting pan. Boil sauce until reduced to 1 1/2 cups, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Slice pork; arrange on platter. Drizzle some sauce over. Serve, passing extra sauce separately.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH BROWN BUTTER:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dark brown-sugar
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add squash; saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 16 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, the water, and brown sugar; cook until liquid has evaporated and squash is nicely caramelized, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve.