Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tuna Casserole - comfort food!

It snowed lots today--a blizzard, I guess. For dinner I decided that tuna casserole was the perfect dish, especially since I had no real plan and I knew this would be a fast one.

I used the tuna casserole recipe from Recipe Zaar, but didn't have any cream of celery or mushroom soup. I decided to make a white sauce (thanks to Jodi's suggestion) to replace the soup and we all loved our dinner meal! Perfect on a winter-weather kind of day!

Tuna Casserole:

Directions

  1. Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
  2. Preheat oven to 325°F.
  3. Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
  4. Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes.
  6. Serve hot.

White Sauce
:

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup milk

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add more milk depending on desired consistency.

No comments: