I used the tuna casserole recipe from Recipe Zaar, but didn't have any cream of celery or mushroom soup. I decided to make a white sauce (thanks to Jodi's suggestion) to replace the soup and we all loved our dinner meal! Perfect on a winter-weather kind of day!
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna, with juice
Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Mix all ingredients together in a large casserole dish, reserving 1/2 cup of cheese.
Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir until the butter and flour are well combined. Pour in milk, stirring constantly as it thickens. Add more milk depending on desired consistency.