This recipe was a winner! I've been cooking with little salt over the past couple of years so it was a whole lot saltier than we're used to but that can easily be fixed next time--less salt on the steaks and dilute the beef stock. We ate it with mashed potatoes and a garden salad.
- Sirloin Tip Steak
- 2-3 Baby Carrots
- 1/4-1/2 Red Potato, sliced into small bites
- Seasoning Mixture:
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 TB Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Soy sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Lemon Juice
- A Dash of Black Pepper
- A Sprinkle of Salt (Sea Salt - preferably)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- For the seasoning mixture: In a small mixing bowl, combine Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, Worstershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Minced Garlic, Chopped Onion, Lemon Juice.
- Place steak on center of foil sheet..
- Place a small amount of the seasoning mixture to the steak, quickly turn the steak over.
- Sprinkle Salt & Pepper on the steak, and then place potatoes and carrots on the steak, top with the remaining seasoning mix.
- Carefully fold the foil into a "packet"..
- Place packet on cookie sheet..
- Roast in oven for 1 hour - reducing heat to 350 after 30 minutes.
- At this time, take the steak packets out of the oven, carefully open them, to check the progress..
- You will probably want to return them to the oven for another 30 minutes at this point.
- Remove from oven, let set for 10-15 minutes, or until ready to serve!
- Trust me, this will be the MOST tender steak you will ever try! =)