Thursday, October 1, 2009

Minute Steak Recipe

I purchased some grass fed beef recently and one of the packages in my purchase was "beef minute steaks". I'd heard of minute steaks before but have never cooked with them. Honestly, I didn't know what I would do with them so, of course, I had to do some research on the internets. I came across a few recipes that suggested you dredge the steaks in flour and pan fry them so I picked the recipe below. I picked this one because in my "research" I learned that these steaks can be tough and this one has you cook it for an hour in "juices". Sounded good to me!

This recipe was a winner! I've been cooking with little salt over the past couple of years so it was a whole lot saltier than we're used to but that can easily be fixed next time--less salt on the steaks and dilute the beef stock. We ate it with mashed potatoes and a garden salad.

Minute Steaks

Ingredients
  • Sirloin Tip Steak
  • 2-3 Baby Carrots
  • 1/4-1/2 Red Potato, sliced into small bites
  • Seasoning Mixture:
  • 1/8 cup Olive Oil
  • 1 1/2 TB Chopped Onion
  • 1/4 Tsp Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/4 Tsp Soy sauce
  • 1/4 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • A Dash of Black Pepper
  • A Sprinkle of Salt (Sea Salt - preferably)
  • Foil

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. For the seasoning mixture: In a small mixing bowl, combine Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, Worstershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, Minced Garlic, Chopped Onion, Lemon Juice.
  3. Place steak on center of foil sheet..
  4. Place a small amount of the seasoning mixture to the steak, quickly turn the steak over.
  5. Sprinkle Salt & Pepper on the steak, and then place potatoes and carrots on the steak, top with the remaining seasoning mix.
  6. Carefully fold the foil into a "packet"..
  7. Place packet on cookie sheet..
  8. Roast in oven for 1 hour - reducing heat to 350 after 30 minutes.
  9. At this time, take the steak packets out of the oven, carefully open them, to check the progress..
  10. You will probably want to return them to the oven for another 30 minutes at this point.
  11. Remove from oven, let set for 10-15 minutes, or until ready to serve!
  12. Trust me, this will be the MOST tender steak you will ever try! =)

1 comment:

Baltika_gal said...

Hi! I just saw your comment on my blog--feel free to post the recipe here. I'm so glad you liked it!