Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Apple Pecan Salad

Today I searched for a "apples and pecan salad" recipe and found a few fun ideas. I made a salad with greens, Pink Lady apples, celery, red onion, cranberries, and pecans, of course. I found a recipe that suggested adding pomegranate seeds (arils) too! YUM! I didn't have any on hand but will make this salad next time I buy a pomegranate! The same recipe that suggested using pomegranate had a great dressing recipe too. I found the recipe here. Below is the whole salad recipe, but I especially liked the dressing (in bold)!

Apple Pecan Salad

Ingredients:

  • 1 bag mixed baby lettuces, about 10-12 ounces
  • 1 Granny Smith apple, sliced very thinly
  • 1 cup caramelized pecans
  • ¼ cup dried cranberries
  • ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
  • ¼ cup raspberry vinegar
  • ¼ cup honey
  • ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 Tbsp. freshly ground pepper

Instructions:

  • Combine lettuce, apple slices, pomegranate seeds, cranberries, and pecans just before serving.
  • Whisk together the vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour in olive oil while whisking to emulsify dressing. Taste, then adjust salt, pepper, or olive oil if needed.
  • Toss salad with dressing and serve.

No comments: